Job Role: Class Teacher KS2
- Part Time (0.6FTE to 0.8FTE negotiable)
- Required from September 2023
- The governors are seeking to appoint a creative, passionate class teacher to work in our mixed-age Key Stage 2 class. This post will be a permanent contract and will be 0.6FTE to 0.8FTE negotiable for the right candidate.
- You will:
- be committed to playing an active part in improving our school
- implement agreed strategies for school improvement positively and consistently
- promote Christian values in the school
- support and encourage pupils positively, with a compassionate approach to meeting their needs
- be creative, flexible and an excellent classroom practitioner
- use assessment to aid planning and challenge all pupils
- be able to work in a team, have good interpersonal skills and will communicate effectively with colleagues
- lead agreed subject areas (to be negotiated) effectively
- be committed to continuing professional development.
Stoke by Nayland C of E Primary School is a warm, welcoming church school at the heart of our village community. You will join a valued team and share our inclusive, caring, Christian ethos. The school is on an improvement journey and you will contribute to the school’s development.
We are proud to be part of the St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust.
Please apply using the school’s application form. C.V.s are not accepted
How to apply:
Applications should be returned to the Headteacher, Kelly McGrath, via email, post or by hand.
Post: Stoke by Nayland C of E Primary School, School Street, Stoke by Nayland, Colchester, CO6 4QY
Closing date: 1pm, 23 June 2023.
Interview date: 29 June 2023.
Job Role: Teaching Assistant
Hours available: 30.17 hours/week (8.50am to 3.30pm daily) for 38 weeks per year, with possibility of overtime to support our before and after school clubs.
Job sharing for this post would be considered.
Job Type: Fixed-term for one year initially
Salary £20,258 - £20,442 pro rata
Required for September 2023 We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work mainly in an EYFS/KS1 class but with flexibility to work across the school as needed. We are looking for an enthusiastic
Teaching Assistant who:
• Can undertake a range of tasks to support learning, such as numeracy groups, discussing stories or listening to reading
• Can follow plans and work on their own initiative
• Communicates clearly with children and adults, verbally and in writing
• Is able to support an individual pupil, or small group of pupils, some of whom may have Special Educational Needs
• Can contribute to assessments and carry out observations
• Has good maths and English skills • Has good behaviour management skills
• Is a good team player and has a willingness to contribute to the general smooth running of our school
• Can use simple computer programmes to record information
• Has knowledge of speech and language development (desirable but training can be given) Stoke by Nayland C of E Primary School is a warm, welcoming church school at the heart of our village community.
Please return completed application forms to the school by email, post or in person. Closing date Friday 9th June 2023 Interview date: Wednesday 14th June 2023
St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.